What is the best diet?

There are about 20,000 genes in the human genome. The genes are static and do not change, but they can lead to develop up to  4 million different bodies, because each gene can make over 200 different protein structures depending on its environment. The biggest environmental factor is nutrition. 

The biggest environmental factor on the human body is nutrition. 

So, don’t believe anybody, or any doctor in particular, who tries to tell you that it doesn’t matter what you eat.

This way of thinking is not only absurd, it is completely ignorant, and grossly uninformed.

Science understands that food fuels our body, giving us the ability to function appropriately. If your body were a car, you would be careful to give it the right type of fuel. 

You wouldn’t put kerosene or lighter fluid in your car, nor would you put cheap gas in a Ferrari.

But when it comes to what we eat, we do just that – choose the cheapest fuel possible. It’s easy to understand how kerosene would ruin your car, but when it comes to our bodies, we do not acknowledge the consequences of using the wrong fuel, partly because our bodies are too good. It just takes too long before bad food choices show their consequences.

What diet does fuel our bodies best?

In my eyes the best diet should be able to reverse any disease by tapping into the body’s ability to heal itself. The optimum nutrition should minimise the risk of developing diabetes, cardio vascular disease, cancer or any other disease of the western civilisation.

So, which diet do you think does just that? The standard American diet? Just joking.

Maybe the Mediterranean diet? All the studies on the Mediterranean diet have shown that, compared to the standard American diet, it is

able to reduce heart disease and related conditions by approximately 75%. That’s amazing, but what about the other 25%? Why did those people on the Mediterranean diet still get heart disease even though they were eating this incredibly healthy diet? Wasn’t there a diet that could prevent heart disease for everyone?

Yes, there is!

A plant based diet reduces heart disease and related conditions by 95 percent. It can reduce the risk of heart disease even more by increasing the intake of plant-based proteins, reducing the intake of animal-based proteins (even seafood) and eliminating the heavy use of refined oils.

The most comprehensive report on diet and cancer in history was published in 1997. This first report took over four years to complete, reviewing 4500 studies from thousands of researchers across the globe – a landmark scientific consensus document written by the top cancer researchers in the world. Download the summary of the third update of this report from 2018 here.

After all that work, what was the number one recommendation?

Choose a diet that is predominantly plant based, rich in a variety of fruits, vegetables, nuts, and beans with minimally processed starchy foods.

 

Chris Wark, a cancer survivor himself, promotes a whole-food plant-based diet as the centre piece for the radical lifestyle change necessary to survive a cancer diagnosis.

On his website Chris Beat Cancer you’ll find many testimonials from cancer survivors that used his programme, based on a whole food plant based diet, to recover their health.

There are no cancer survivor stories out there on the internet of people who survived cancer with a ketogenic, paleo or Atkins diet.

With every piece of food you put into your mouth you either promote disease or health.

Most people don’t understand, that what you put at the end of your fork, is more powerful than any drug you find in a pill bottle.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*
*

%d bloggers like this: